Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter
The Promoter is: UK Carp Competitions Limited
If you wish to contact us for any reason, please email email@example.com or contact us directly via our website.
We may change these General Terms at any time so ensure you check this page regularly for any changes
- The competition
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions listed on the Promoter’s website at https://ukcarpcompetitions.co.uk/ (the “Website”)
- All competitions are skill-based competitions and an entry fee is payable each time you enter.
- To be in with a chance of winning, everyone who enters the competition (an “Entrant”) will be required to correctly answer a question or solve a problem set by the Promoter (the “Competition Question”).
- How to enter
- The competition will run from and including the opening and closing dates specified on the Website. These dates shall be referred to as the “Opening Date” and “Closing Date” respectively. All times and dates referred to are the times and dates in London, England.
- If it is absolutely necessary to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to change the Opening and Closing Dates. If the Promoter does change the Opening Date and/or the Closing Date of a competition, the new details will be displayed on the Website.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than the specified time on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the specified time on the Closing Date may be disqualified without a refund.
- The maximum number entries to the competition will be stated on the Website. The number of entries you are able to make may be limited if the maximum number of entries is reached.
- To enter the competition:
- go to the Website and view the Competition Question;
- select your answer to the competition question and required number of entries; then
- complete the checkout process and submit the online entry form; then
- complete the payment to receive your order confirmation.
- All entries must be submitted in the English language. Entries in languages other than English will automatically be disqualified and no refund will be given.
- The Promoter will send confirmation that your entry has been received, and your allocated ticket number(s).
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not successfully completed, are lost or are delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By purchasing entries and submitting a competition entry, you are entering into a contract with the Promoter and are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You may enter the competition for free by complying with the following conditions:
(a) Send your entry hand written on an unenclosed postcard by first class post to UK Carp Competitions at the following address: 230 Norwich Road, Wroxham, NR128SL
(b) include your entry the following information:
(i) your full name;
(ii) your address;
(iii) a contact telephone number and email address; and
(iv) your answer to the Competition Question.
(c) incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified;
(d) Each free entry must be submitted and posted to the Promoter “UK Carp Competitions” separately. Bulk entries in one envelope will not be accepted as multiple entries and if a bulk entry is received, it will be counted as one single entry;
(e)Postal entries are limited to one entry per person for each competition;
(f) by entering the competition, you are confirming that you are eligible to enter and accept these terms and conditions;
(g) your entry must be received by the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the random draw;
(h) the Promoter will not acknowledge receipt of your entry nor confirm if your answer to the Competition Question is correct;
(i) if the number of paid entries reaches any cap or limit before your free entry is received, you will not be entered into the random draw.
(j) Entrants must have created an account on the Website for the free entry to be processed. All details on the postcard MUST correspond to the details on the account to receive the order confirmation and ticket number. Postal entries received without a registered account cannot be processed.
(k) Multiple Entries; Entrants are permitted to have multiple entries, each one will incur an entry fee. Where competitions are ‘free giveaway’ promotions (no Competition entry fee) a maximum of 1 entry per entrant can be made unless otherwise stated in the Competitions Specific Terms. For free entry to Competitions, entry is limited to one entry, per person, per competition. If we suspect that an individual has set up a fake email address and/or social media page to circumvent these rules, we reserve the right to disqualify all entries that we reasonably believe were generated by that individual.
- Choosing a winner
- All Entrants who correctly answer the Competition Question will be placed into a draw and the winner will be chosen by a random draw via google random number generator. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event, within 7 days of the Closing Date (“Draw Date”).
- We use googles Random Number Generator to randomly select a winner for the competition. This is a random number generator. All draws are live on Facebook and downloaded onto our Facebook page.
- All Entrants will have their names and ticket numbers put into a spreadsheet. This spreadsheet will be visible during the live draw. If you wish to have your name censored from the spreadsheet for the live draw please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with reasonable time left before the prize draw takes place.
- We display the set draw date along each competition using a countdown clock. If the competition does not reach its minimum ticket sales, we can either draw or extend up to a maximum of an additional 30 days.
- Once we extend the competition, the users will get notified via email with the new extended date.
- For help with entries, please email us at email@example.com
- Entrants must enter Competitions using their legal name only. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
- The competition is only open to all residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. If you fail to provide the Promoter with any such proof or other information that they may require within a reasonable time, you may be disqualified from the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer; or
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- No refunds of the entry fee will be given in any event, including;
- if, following your entry into the competition, you subsequently find out that you are not eligible to enter the competition or claim the Prize;
- if, following your entry into the competition the eligibility criteria for entering the competition or claiming the Prize changes and you are no longer eligible; or
- if you are disqualified from the competition by the Promoter for any reason.
- Entrants can enter each competition as many times as they wish until the maximum number of entries per user have been submitted and until the maximum number of entries for the competition have been received. Entrants submitting free entries must submit each entry separately. Bulk entries, if received, will not be accepted and will only be counted as one single entry. Entries may be limited if the maximum number of entries for the competition is reached.
- An Entry will be declared void (without any refund provided) if the Entrant engages in:
- any form of fraud (actual or apparent);
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or
- amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the website.
- The prize
- The prize for the competition is described on the Website (the “Prize”). Details of the Prize are, to the best of the Promoter’s knowledge, information and belief, correct as at the Opening Date.
- Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If any details of the Prize change, the Promoter will endeavour to update the Website as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties about the Prize, its value, its condition or any other information provided on the Website. The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties that the information provided on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- The Prize may be supplied by a third-party supplier (the “Supplier”). Details of the Supplier (if any) will be provided on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative cash prize (“Cash Prize”) in the following circumstances:
- the Prize becomes unavailable;
- other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter make it necessary to do so;
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Winner’s full name will be announced during the live draw. If you wish for your name to be censored during the live draw please
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org with reasonable time left before the prize draw takes place.
- The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Draw Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed the Prize within 14 of days of the Draw Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected via the same method as the initial draw from the remaining correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will publish the full name and county/town of residence of major prize winners on the Website.
- If you object to any or all of your full name, county/town of residence and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at email@example.com prior to the Closing Date. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Claiming the prize
- You must claim the Prize personally. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. Details of how the Prize will be delivered to you (or made available for collection) are published on the Website, or available on request.
- If your personal details, including contact information, changes at any time you should notify the Promoter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications should be sent to the Promoter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Notifications must include details of the competition you have entered, your old details and your new details. If your details change within 10 days of the Closing Date, the Promoter will use your old details if it needs to try to contact you.
- Any Cash Prize will be transferred directly to the winners nominated bank account. The winner must provide evidence that it is the sole or joint beneficiary of the bank account. Failure to do so within 14 days will result in disqualification from the competition and the winner forfeiting the prize. In such circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable to pay any compensation if you are unable to or do not take up the prize.
- Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Data protection and publicity
- If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- If you do not wish to participate in any publicity, you must notify the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. This will not affect your chances of winning the Prize. If you do not agree to participate in any publicity about the competition we may still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority. This is a legal requirement that we must comply with to prove that the competition has been properly administered and the Prize awarded.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you may be required to provide further personal information and proof of your identity in order to confirm your eligibility to claim the Prize and transfer ownership of the Prize to you. You consent to the use of your information in this way. You are entitled to request further details about how your personal information is being used. You may also withdraw your consent to your personal information being used in such way but by doing so you may prevent the Prize being transferred to you. In such circumstances, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the competition and forfeit the Prize. You will not be entitled to any refund of your entry fee. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- Please note that under data protection laws you are entitled to request that the Promoter does not contact you and removes your details from its database. If you make such a request you will be withdrawing from the competition as it will not be possible to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You will not be entitled to any refund of any entry fee if you withdraw from the competition. If you do not wish any of your personal details to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes, please email the Promoter at email@example.com prior to the Closing Date.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions will be available on the Website.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition and any future competitions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The competitions on the Website are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering the competitions, Entrants agree that Facebook has no liability and is not responsible for the administration or promotion of the competitions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- You should print a copy of these terms and conditions and keep them for your records.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website https://ukcarpcompetitions.co.uk/ (“our site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
Our site is a site operated by UK Carp Competitions
To contact us, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, for example, the ability to participate in games, competitions, comment on blog posts or post to our social media accounts (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://ukcarpcompetitions.co.uk/ (our site).
Who we are and how to contact us
Our site is a site operated by UK Carp Competitions.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or contact us directly via our website.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase goods or services from our site, participate in any promotions or enter any of our competitions, other terms and conditions will apply and which you must accept and abide by.
We may make changes to these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge but you may have to pay to enter our competitions.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Who can use our site?
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that the content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at info@UKCarpCompetitionscompetition.co.uk.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including posts made to our social media accounts. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us at info@UKCarpcompetitionscompetition.co.uk.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you or if you enter our competitions, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions.
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, post to our social media accounts or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and
non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content. We may also
share it, quote from it and use it to promote our site, products and services, particularly via social media.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?